Office Manager - State Farm Agent Team Member
Full Time in Harrisburg, NC
Office Manager Overview
Thank you for your interest in the Office Manager’s job posting. After you’ve read this and if you feel you are still qualified in the position, please let me know and I will contact you with further steps in the hiring process.
The State Farm Agent is the primary sales and marketing arm for the State Farm Insurance Companies. The role of the Office Manager and its responsibilities in my agency are a combination of Sales (60%), Team Member Training (25%), and Customer Service (15%).
Candidates will only be considered with these minimum characteristics
- Be fully licensed in NC Property/Casualty and Life/Health.
- Successful work experience in insurance should be a minimum of 3-5 years.
- Proven track record of sales achievements.
- State Farm experience is preferred but not necessary.
JOB PURPOSE To work as an employee of Nied Insurance and Financial Services Inc. assisting in selling and marketing State Farm products and services and providing quality service to customers. In addition, you will support team members in developing their knowledge and skills through on-going training. Also, you are to provide support and coaching to support the team in driving new business and achieving the agency’s goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implement and achieve the agency's marketing/sales plan at direction of the agent.
2. Contact prospects and current policyholders to generate interest in sales and appointments.
3. Conduct needs based sales interviews using company approved software and equipment.
4. Provide prompt, accurate, friendly, cost-effective service and utilize it as a basis for establishing a marketing opportunity.
5. Assist the office with servicing existing clients with policy changes, coverage questions and payments
6. As directed by the agent, work with agent's computer system to update information in customer databases used by the agency.
7. Prepare forms, policies, and endorsements when required.
8. Provide daily coaching and support to sales and service team members.
9. Handle escalated customer situations.
10. Collecting and submitting productions reports to the agent.
11. Other duties assigned by the agent.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to learn and apply product, industry, and market knowledge to make professional recommendations to prospects and policyholders and to satisfy insurance licensing requirements.
2. Ability to adjust to changing work enviorment and to prioritize and act on serveral activities.
3. Ability to create professional business relationships with prospects and policyholders.
4. Train the service team members on cross-selling to agency customers.
5. Ability to take initiative and act effectively in various circumstances without direction.
6. Train and support the sales account representatives of the sales and multi-lining process.
7. Goal oriented-highly motivated and resourceful to achieve company production goals.
8. Proven track record of achieving company goals, trustworthiness, dependability and ethical behavior.
9. Proven problem solving ability-apply and balance conceptual and analytical thinking by breaking down complex problems, evaluating alternative sources of action and their likely outcomes, and selecting the best alternative.
10. Ability to think creatively, be organized and adaptable to the changing work and industry environment.
This is a full time position. A Base Salary is paid. In addition, Life and Health sales commissions, Quarterly P/C Commission and Office Bonuses are available.
Thank you again for your interest. I look forward to hearing from you.
Dan Nied, CLU, ChFC
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please complete our application. We will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process.
This position is with a State Farm independent contractor agent, not with State Farm Insurance Companies. Employees of State Farm agents must be able to successfully complete any applicable licensing requirements and training programs. State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm.
Compensation $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
Join a community of good neighbors
Make a difference in your community every day.
Gain confidence and grow your dream career.
Earn benefits and rewards that are second to none